Thursday, November 24, 2011

Impossibly Easy Update

I just had a piece of the Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie mentioned yesterday.

Here's what I think.

It was easy. And it is very much like the traditional stuff but firmer and less custardy.

Unfortunately I don't think I can evaluate the recipe objectively; the canned pumpkin I used was quite grainy. The grit interrupted the velvety smoothness you expect from pumpkin pie.

I'll be honest; the three of us who tasted it missed the crust. But I think we would have missed it less if the creaminess had been there.

I'm guessing most people would choose traditional pie in a taste test. But the Easy version is handy if you:

a) Don't have time to make crust.

b) Forgot to buy refrigerated crust (like me).

c) Want to cut back on the fat level.

One big advantage is that you can make it on the spur of the moment if you just keep pumpkin and Bisquick in the pantry.

Thanks Bisquick. This year, you saved Turkey Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment